With such polarization in the country there’s plenty to complain about. Just for the fun of it, let’s add to the noise.
- If you’re willing to play brinkmanship with the debt ceiling, you’re putting your political interests ahead of the nation’s economic interests
- If you’re not talking about entitlements in a debt deal, you’re not serious
- If Obamacare is socialist, so is medicare
- If you’re against Obamacare and on medicare, you have no integrity
- If a governmental system is based on compromise and one party decides there can be no compromise, the system will stop working
- Corrollary: Parties taking a “no compromise” stance are ill-equipped for political office
- If accepting government support is socialism, then paid politicians are socialists